Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sing!

I love singing. Singing lifts my spirit; cleanses me within. The sense of completeness that comes from singing to the Lord is overwhelming to me at times. Do I think everyone feels this way? No. However for those of us who enjoy worship, alone or with the church family, you may understand the what I am expressing.

Scriptures encourages us to "Sing O barren one..."! (Galatians 4, Isaiah 54) Please keep in mind that I know the word sing often is translated "rejoice". Avoiding the pitfalls of potential differences in this, my whole point is to encourage all of us to lift our voices, inwardly and outwardly, in worship to the Lord who gives us all we have need of and will continue to do so. There is cleansing, lifting, completeness to be found when we come before the one who has so graciously poured into our lives.

Barrenness in our lives may take many different forms: Emotional, physically, familial, financial, and social. No matter the form of your barren place this day, remember to sing...lift the voice of your spirit in song...lift your voice in song...let the words of your mouth express your gratefulness for the lack of barrenness that God has promised. In so doing, we allow the Lord to take our face in His hands and speak into our lives the very hope, contentedness, and wealth we desire...unfailing love. (Proverbs 19:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment